Out of Tolerance: Not within specific limits.
- Limits of acceptable results as defined by the manufacturer or by Standard Authorities (e.g. ASTM, ISO) O.O.T.
Significance of O.O.T.:
- Relation to use of the equipment and Process Specifications
- If the Total Error related to O.O.T. circumstance is in fact Significant to the customer's process then there will be a fairly substantial effect upon the work/tests they conducted with the instrument during the preceding Calibration/Service Cycle
Reverse Trace and Notification:
- The ability to prove and provide that reference standard used are calibrated to a traceable (national / international) standards
- Notify the customer of the O.O.T. Condition(s) Uncertainty of Measurements:
- The amount of know error in the reference standard
- Normally should be ¼ or less of the allowable tolerances of the U.U.T (unit under test)
- Customer must be notified if this was taken into account when declaring a measurement out of tolerance or if not these values must be provided to the customer for their use in calculations and assessment of O.O.T. conditions