Principle Of Operation
2820-04x Series bend fixtures are designed for static bend/flexure testing on a range of wood and timber products according to common International Standards. The beam attaches to the test instrument using simple mechanical interfaces which allows it to be removed when not in use. A range of optional support anvils and four-point conversion kits allow the fixtures to be configured to meet a wide range of standards.
Specimens of the required size are supported by two anvils attached to a base beam. Force is applied either at the centre (three point bend) or at two points between the supporting rollers (four point bend). Deflection of the specimen can be measured using the optional deflection measurement yoke and a suitable extensometer.
- Static bending tests on a wide range of wood and timber specimens including MDF and fiberboard at ambient temperatures
- Meets the following standards when used with appropriate optional anvil sets/4 point conversion kits and/or deflectometry:
- JIS A5905, JIS A5906, JIS A5908, JAS 112, JAS 601,
- BS 373, BS 5669,
- EN 310, EN 789,
- ISO 3133,
- ASTM D 1037, ASTM D 3037, ASTM D 143
- Type of Loading: Static flexure. Not suitable for high cycle dynamic fatigue tests
- Specimen shapes: Rectangular